Business Development allows you to explore different avenues for growth that align with your firm’s goals and long-term plans.
- Review your top target client list from January. Segment/update the list to include the top ten target clients by market sector.
- Fill out the Harvey Mackay 66-question profile for each of these individuals.
- What else do you need to know? Develop a master list of information-gathering questions. Brainstorm with staff on questions that will help them better understand their clients.
- Devise a 12-Contact Plan for each target. Don’t forget that it takes 12 contacts (touches) to create a customer. Create and begin to implement your plan.
- BONUS: Hold a brown bag session and have your firm’s Business Development Champions perform a “cold call” on speakerphone in front of the group. Take notes and learn!