Successful firms invest in their staff by providing training in a variety of topics to build a strong marketing mentality.
Arming your staff with the right tools is the key for mutual success. Training is a crucial element in that formula and will keep your overall plan on target.
- Gather a list of training topics requested by your firm’s staff. Send a survey to the entire staff and/or hold a brainstorming brown bag session to get ideas of where your staff needs additional marketing or business development training and guidance.
- Plan a mentoring program utilizing your technical staff. Brainstorm a list of marketing and business development skill strengths for each of your valuable technical staff members. Consider these professionals for a mentor/coaching session to assist other staff members.
- Create a calendar of monthly training topics using in-house staff, industry colleagues, consultants or online training resources. Schedule staff to attend.
- Develop a marketing training resource library. Gather input from industry colleagues, SMPS, and other industry resources regarding various educational resources. This could include books, webinars, manuals, podcasts, etc. Create a library for your staff to have as a tool on various topics.
- BONUS: Implement a “Marketing University” training program.