When marketing departments get busy, it’s always the same thing that gets put on the back burner until things slow down: public relations. But getting out in front of your audience is a great way to build your brand awareness and credibility, and ultimately your bottom line!
Here are four weekly activities for Public Relations, plus a bonus activity! Bookmark or print this page. And be sure to follow us on social media, where we will share the weekly activities.
A focused public relations effort can help your firm maintain contact with your audience by providing continuous name and brand recognition in between your face-to-face activities.
- Create a master media list. Call and get editorial calendars, contact information and submittal requirements for targeted media outlets.
- Create a list of all client-oriented associations in which you would like to participate. Remember to target at least one in each target market sector. Gather contact information, conference dates, meeting dates, membership rates.
- Research all awards programs that target your various market sectors. Gather contact information, registration dates, submittal dates and award recognition dates.
- Create a public relations calendar. Sort through all acquired data and choose what will bring the most value for the firm. Create a public relations calendar with dates, costs and assigned personnel for each chosen activity and/or event for the year.
- BONUS: Schedule an appointment with 1-2 key editors and discuss possible feature story ideas.