A newsletter is an email or physical mailer you can send to a contact list to obtain a consistent form of indirect marketing. As a part of an email marketing strategy, newsletters can help nurture your relationships with contacts and bring them value through relevant, original content.
When newsletters/e-newsletters are created with the client in mind, they can be very successful. The suggested goal is to provide educational topics that can establish your firm/team as an expert or thought leader on a particular subject. These forms of communications can influence your clients’ perceptions of the firm and provide an opportunity for you promote your projects indirectly.
Tips and Tricks
- Content must be useful and educational to the reader, not general promotion of the firm
- Provide a website link to "read more" to help increase SEO
- Use a template site that can save money on design costs
- Include interviews with owners, industry leaders, etc.
- Consider and internal newsletter to help with communication and distribution of office information
- There is no need to write "new" content for this newsletter; use information you have already added to the website, but now it can be promoted through push marketing of a mailer/email
- Review analytics regularly