Calling all proposal teams! The SMPS Utah Proposal Bootcamp will give you the tools you need to understand and build your firm’s message for proposal pursuits. Three sessions and a client panel will focus on crafting a compelling message and ensuring that the message is integrated into your proposals and interviews. Sessions will also cover effective writing, managing content, and coaching teams for pursuits. Presenter Keri Hammond, FSMPS, CPSM will work directly with the attendees to develop qualifications for outreach/business development, marketing material organization and proposals. Please bring project examples, real life questions, and enthusiasm!
Session 1: Proposal Trends
What are the latest trends in proposal pursuits? This session will discuss ideas for layout and design, production options and how to close-out your proposal process with success.
- Discover what software options are available to assist with successful proposals
- Develop templates that will assist with streamlined proposal production
- Understand how to make photography and graphics tell your story
- Illustrate your proposed approach with graphics and images
- Understand the options available for proposal production through printing, binding and delivery
Session 2: Before the RFP – Successful Proposal Positioning
This session will help you realize what really gets you to the shortlist. It’s not the graphic layout or the boilerplate information, it’s the positioning activities prior to the RFP. Direct your proposal team to create a pursuit that focuses on what your clients really want.
- Identify your strategy before the RFP
- Articulate your differentiators and positioning strategies
- Focus on what your clients really care about
- Learn how to organize your marketing collateral so your team can spend efforts on strategic direction
- Involve your proposal team in positioning activities before it’s too late
Session 3: Winning Proposals – From Kick-off to Delivery
This session will focus on helping you and your team orchestrate a proposal response that clients will want to read. Guide your team to providing the right information for the most concise and innovative proposal pursuit.
- Learn to read the RFP with the intent of addressing all key issues
- Conduct a successful and effective kickoff meeting
- Identify the tools you need to help craft your firm's message for proposal pursuits
- Employ new tactics for crafting compelling cover letters, firm bios, resumes and project sheets.
- Assess how to prepare your team to focus on project approach efforts.
- Walk away with real-life examples of how to succeed in your proposal challenges
Session 4: Client Panel
A panel of industry clients will discuss what they look for in proposals and how they make their selections. Included in this panel will be Brian Bready, Director of Construction Management, PEG Development, Brian Bales, Project Manager, DFCM and Ken Nye, Deputy Chief Facilities Officer, University of Utah.
Proposal Review and Critique
As a benefit to those that attend the SMPS Utah Proposal Bootcamp, Keri Hammond, FSMPS, CPSM, with MARKETLINK, is offering a free proposal review and critique. Please bring the original Request for Proposal and one hard copy of your submittal to the Proposal Boot Camp. Keri will review each RFP and then create a response with a review of strengths, suggestions and recommendations for how your firm can elevate proposals utilizing the latest trends, strategy and production efforts. This offer is only for those that attend the Proposal Boot Camp workshop and bring the proposal to the session.
Take advantage of a third party’s insight into improving and elevating your responses.